When buying my latest backpack, I decided I wanted one that could do it all—serve as a laptop bag for the office, double as a daypack when I travel, and be used as a personal item when I fly. After extensive research (and seeing the backpack on many fashionable travelers and commuters), I settled on the Dagne Dover Neoprene Backpack. Read on for my honest review.
Dagne Dover Dakota Neoprene Backpack: Small vs. Medium vs. Large
The Dakota is available in three sizes: small, medium, and large. Here’s how they compare:
|9.5” L x 5” W x 13” H
|1 lb 10 oz
|11.5” L x 5” W x 17” H
|2 lb 3 oz
|13.25” L x 5.25” W x 17.5” H
|2 lb 12 oz
Dagne Dover Dakota Neoprene Backpack Pros:
- Sleek and stylish design works for the gym or the office
- Holds a lot of stuff, but will still fit under most airplane seats and can be used as a personal item
- Organizational features including key leash, zip top pouch, and shoe bag
- Vegan material resists stains and is easy to wipe clean
- Exterior phone pouch
- Made from recycled materials
- Luggage sleeve makes it easy to carry through airport with suitcase
- Comfortable, padded shoulder straps
- Top carry handle
Dagne Dover Dakota Neoprene Backpack Cons:
- Surprisingly heavy for a backpack, especially in larger sizes
- Small size isn’t big enough to hold a laptop
- Very expensive for a neoprene bag
- Material can crease and pill
How Much Is the Dagne Dover Dakota Neoprene Backpack?
The backpack costs between $155-$215 depending on size.
Does Dagne Dover Offer Free Shipping and Returns?
Dagne Dover accepts returns on unused products within 30 days of the shipment date, however, all US returns are subject to a $10 handling fee. How Do You Clean the Dagne Dover Dakota Neoprene Backpack?
The backpack can be hand-washed with a mild detergent in cold water and laid flat to dry. Do not machine wash the bag, as the hardware could chip.
Is the Dagne Dover Dakota Neoprene Backpack Worth the Money?
Some people may find the backpack not worth the money due to the neoprene material and overall heaviness of the bag. I personally think it was worth the money as the bag is the perfect size for travel, and it has held up well using it almost every day.
The built-in organizational features, like the phone pocket and padded laptop sleeves, plus the backpack’s versatility, have made it worth the money to me.
Dagne Dover Dakota Neoprene Backpack Dupes
Looking for a more affordable dupe of the Dagne Dover Dakota Backpack? We love these neoprene backpacks:
- Suratio Laptop Backpack
- Light Flight Travel Backpack
- Baggalini Soho Backpack
- Beraliy Large Travel Backpack
- Bange Waterproof Backpack
Read More Great Travel Gear Stories
- Looking for the perfect personal item? Check out our review of Carl Friedrik’s Palissy Weekend Bag.
- Always meet the carry-on requirements with this ultra-lightweight suitcase. Read our detailed review of the Samsonite C-Lite Carry-On Suitcase.
- Don’t settle for a boring suitcase when you can customize your own carry-on. Read our review of the Roam Luggage Carry-On, which allows you to pick your own colors for the front, back, handles, and wheels.
- Considering buying the social-media famous Cadence Capsules for your next trip? Read our honest review first.
- Need a belt bag to go with your backpack? Read our review of the Lululemon Everywhere Belt Bag.