If we had to choose the best hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark, it would be Villa Copenhagen. This stately hotel ticks all the boxes: location, style, luxury, and service. Villa Copenhagen is right next to the city’s central train station, making it the perfect base to explore the city. Despite the bustling location, rooms are quiet, peaceful, and outfitted with blackout curtains and comfortable beds for the perfect night’s sleep.
Best of all, the hotel has a heated outdoor swimming pool, a rarity for Copenhagen.
Villa Copenhagen Location
Villa Copenhagen is located at Tietgensgade 35-39 in Copenhagen, Denmark. The hotel is right across the street from Copenhagen Central Station, so you’ll have easy access to domestic and international trains (including ones to Sweden), the subway, and a number of bus lines. Prefer to get around the city as the locals do? Rental bicycles (both e-bikes and regular) are found cluttered around every corner near the hotel, or you can rent one for the day directly from Villa Copenhagen.
Villa Copenhagen Rooms
All 390 rooms at Villa Copenhagen are designed in a very Scandinavian style, with blonde wood floors and muted grey and beige tones. The available room types are:
- Standard Room
- Superior Room (larger and with larger bathrooms)
- Family (equipped with a sofa bed and sleeps two adults and one child under 12)
- Deluxe Room (features a soaking tub, two rainforest showers, and a sitting area)
- Junior suite (large suite with separate lounge area; Junior Corner Suites can be booked as connecting rooms)
All rooms feature:
- Rainforest showers
- Heated bathroom floors
- Skandinavisk toiletries
Villa Copenhagen Pool & Wellness
Finding a hotel with an outdoor swimming pool in Copenhagen is rare, but Villa Copenhagen has a great one. The 25-meter lap pool overlooks Tivoli Garden and is sustainably heated by the excess heat from the Villa’s cooling system. The pool is open late at night (10 pm Sunday to Thursday and 11 pm Friday to Saturday). Villa Copenhagen’s pool is free for hotel guests, but be aware that the hotel requires guests to book a time slot to use the pool. (However, when we visited and used the pool, no one ever asked for our name or checked our reservation time.)
On the same floor as the pool but indoors, the hotel has a lovely sauna for guests to relax in. The sauna is available only to people who have booked the pool, but again, no one checked when we used it.
Villa Copenhagen Breakfast
Villa Copenhagen’s breakfast is so delicious it’s worthy of its own section in this review!
Although breakfast is not included in the standard room rate at Villa Copenhagen, you can pay a bit extra for a “room and breakfast” package, which gives you access to the hotel’s incredible breakfast buffet. If you don’t book ahead, the price for the buffet is 260 DKK.
The breakfast buffet is stocked with homemade, local, and seasonal food, served in a bright and airy space that was the former sorting room of the Post & Telegraph Office. Unlimited freshly baked breads and pastries from Rug Bakery, so you’ll get your money’s worth after eating about one and a half items.
Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free items are available at breakfast.
Villa Copenhagen Restaurants
There are a wide variety of restaurants at Villa Copenhagen. Rug Bakery is the star, an onsite bakery that serves traditional and modern Danish creations. Lines can be long here in the morning, attracting locals and hotel guests.
The Courtyard Bar is the first thing you’ll see as you enter the hotel, as it’s set under the big glass ceiling in the lobby. This breezy space is open Sunday through Thursday for light meals, snacks, coffee, and cocktails.
Book a table at Brasserie Kontrast, Villa Copenhagen’s flagship restaurant, for a special dinner. This stylish eatery utilizes locally grown ingredients to produce an innovative yet classical Copenhagen menu. Be sure to reserve a table in advance, especially if you plan to visit on a weekend evening.
If you want to sample a little bit of everything, visit T37 Sharing Bar, the hotel’s lively wine and cocktail bar that offers small plates.
Villa Copenhagen Fitness Center
Villa Copenhagen has a small but well-stocked fitness center that’s open 24/7. The gym has treadmills, bikes, elliptical machines, rowing machines, kettlebells, dumbbells, a bench, and a cable station.
How to Get From Copenhagen Airport to Villa Copenhagen
Located half a block from Copenhagen’s main train station, Copenhagen Central Station, the best way to get from Copenhagen Airport to Villa Copenhagen is by train. The train takes around 15 minutes.
From Copenhagen Airport, look for the signs for “Kopenhagen Flughafen.” There will be ticket machines before you head down to the tracks where you can buy a ticket. Make sure to buy one in advance, as there are random ticket checks on trains, and you will get a fine if you don’t have one.
Check the departure board for the train towards Öresundståg to find the track your train is on. Take the train three stops to Köpenhamn H. Once you arrive, exit from the station’s main doors and turn right. Villa Copenhagen is across the street at the end of the block.
More Stories You Might Like
- Set in the painstakingly restored Old Post Office Building, the Waldorf Astoria Washington DC rivals the magnificence of the nearby monuments and memorials. Read our review of the Waldorf Astoria here.
- The Luxury Check In staff have stayed at five-star properties around the globe, and it takes something truly special to impress us. Here are our picks for the 14 Best Luxury Hotels in the World.
- If you’re traveling across the world to see Iguazu Falls, you’ll want to spend as much time there as possible—which means staying at a hotel near Iguazu Falls. The closest hotel near Iguazu Falls on the Argentina side is the Gran Melia Iguazu. The Gran Melia Iguazu is the only hotel located inside Iguazu National Park, and the location alone makes it worth the price. Read our review here.
- Glamping in Texas is the quintessential luxury experience on a vacation to the Lone Star State. Texas, with its vast landscapes and unique accommodations, offers glamping experiences that cater to all tastes. Whether you prefer a rustic cabin in the Hill Country or a chic safari tent near a bustling city, these 18 glamping destinations in Texas promise a perfect blend of luxury and nature. Embrace the Lone Star State’s outdoor beauty while enjoying the comfort and style of these exceptional glamping sites.
- From secluded boutique retreats to luxurious all-inclusive paradises, Aruba boasts an array of adult-only resorts that cater to the desires of couples and solo travelers alike. Read our ranking of the best adults-only resorts in Aruba.