The closest hotel to Australia’s iconic Uluru, Longitude 131° seamlessly blends into the captivating desert landscape. Longitude 131° is an oasis of luxury within the heart of the wilderness. This exclusive desert retreat, belonging to the esteemed Baillie Lodges collection, seamlessly combines lavish comforts with the untamed beauty of its surroundings.
Each of the 16 elevated tented pavilions grants guests an unrivaled vantage point to witness the captivating hues of sunrise and sunset, creating an indelible connection to the rugged terrains of the Outback.
- Unbeatable location near Uluru
- Floor-to-ceiling windows in all rooms offer incredible views
- Impeccable service
- Self-contained suites guarantee privacy
- Free small group excursions
- Delicious food and drink
- Black flies can be vicious in the area
- Strict cancellation policy
- Pool is unheated and can be cold and full of bugs
Longitude 131° elevates glamping to an even more luxurious level with its self-contained tents, which are similar to five-star suites, just with canvas walls. All 16 private tented pavilions offer uninterrupted views of Uluru. Each tent features an outdoor terrace with a double daybed and fireplace from which to soak in the views—along with plush sleeping bags in case you want to stay up all night stargazing or sleep under the stars.
You won’t miss much by heading indoors, where a comfortable king-size bed awaits, surrounded by panoramic windows from which to admire the scenery. All of the windows have screens so you can still enjoy the fresh desert air during the night (without succumbing to the insects Uluru is notorious for).
Ensuite bathrooms are like no other camping experience, with tiled floors, rain showers, spa toiletries, and flushing toilets.
Rooms are equipped with everything you might need during your stay, including a section of complimentary local snacks and beverages, bug spray, rain ponchos, backpacks, flashlights espresso machines, Bose speakers, and an iPad loaded with information about the area.
Luxury Check In’s Choice: Book the Dune Pavilion, Australia’s only accommodation to offer views of both Uluru and Kata Tjuta.
Several options for daily excursions are included in the room rate at Longitude 131°. Our favorite was the sunset tour to Uluru, where we sipped Champagne while watching the red rocks turn vivid hues.
If you prefer a private tour, practically any activity you can think of can be arranged for an additional fee. Click here to see a full list of experiences available.
Housed in a bright and airy building designed to mimic a traditional Aboriginal shelter, Spa Kinara offers a wide range of pampering spa treatments that utilize local herbs and desert salts.
Splurge on a luxury treatment package like the “healing hands,” which starts with a full body exfoliation with desert salts, followed by a warm water rinse under the private outdoor shower. The experience is capped off with a tailored facial, scalp massage, and moisturizing hair mask.
Food and Drink
Longitude 131° blew away our expectation of remote desert dining. The five-star culinary team sources fresh ingredients from all over Australia, incorporating outback ingredients such as native berries and herbs to create innovative dishes.
All meals and drinks are included in the price of the stay, and the restaurant is well-equpped to handle any food allergies or aversions.
Meal times are flexible, and there are self-service options available in the common Dune Pavilion and in-room mini bars 24/7. “Watering holes,” natural-looking coolers stocked with ice-cold beverages, are available on excursions and scattered around the property so you’ll never go thirsty.
Make sure to sign up for at least one dinner at Table 131, an unforgettable outdoor dining experience held atop a dune under the stars.
Location + How to Get There
Longitude 131° is located inside Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park in Australia’s Northern Territory. The closest airport, Ayers Rock Airport, is approximately a three-hour flight from Sydney. From Ayers Rock Airport, Longitude 131° is just a 15-minute’ drive from Ayers Rock Airport, and free transfers are available from the hotel.
If you prefer to make a road trip out of it, Longitude 131° is a 3.5 hour drive from Kings Canyon or 4.5 hours from Alice Springs.
Guests will need to park at the nearby Sails in the Desert hotel and be transferred to Longitude 131° by the hotel, as there is no onsite parking.
Luxury Check In Tip: Autumn is the best time of year to visit the Red Centre and Longitude 131°, as the weather is dry and temperatures are more mild.
Is Longitude 131° All-Inclusive?
Yes, the resort experience includes all meals, snacks, and drinks (including French Champagne and premium wines and spirits), guided tours, and airport transfers.
Who Owns Longitude 131°?
Longitude 131° is owned by the luxury Australian hotel brand Baillie Lodges.
What is the Minimum Stay at Longitude 131°?
There is a two-night minimum stay at Longitude 131°.
Is Longitude 131° Adults-Only?
Although Longitude 131° is not adults-only, there is an age limit of ten years and older.
- Set in the painstakingly restored Old Post Office Building, the Waldorf Astoria Washington DC rivals the magnificence of the nearby monuments and memorials. Read our review of the Waldorf Astoria here.
- The Luxury Check In staff have stayed at five-star properties around the globe, and it takes something truly special to impress us. Here are our picks for the 14 Best Luxury Hotels in the World.
- If you’re traveling across the world to see Iguazu Falls, you’ll want to spend as much time there as possible—which means staying at a hotel near Iguazu Falls. The closest hotel near Iguazu Falls on the Argentina side is the Gran Melia Iguazu. The Gran Melia Iguazu is the only hotel located inside Iguazu National Park, and the location alone makes it worth the price. Read our review here.
- Glamping in Texas is the quintessential luxury experience on a vacation to the Lone Star State. Texas, with its vast landscapes and unique accommodations, offers glamping experiences that cater to all tastes. Whether you prefer a rustic cabin in the Hill Country or a chic safari tent near a bustling city, these 18 glamping destinations in Texas promise a perfect blend of luxury and nature. Embrace the Lone Star State’s outdoor beauty while enjoying the comfort and style of these exceptional glamping sites.
- From secluded boutique retreats to luxurious all-inclusive paradises, Aruba boasts an array of adult-only resorts that cater to the desires of couples and solo travelers alike. Read our ranking of the best adults-only resorts in Aruba.
- If we had to choose the best hotel in Copenhagen, Denmark, it would be Villa Copenhagen. This stately hotel ticks all the boxes: location, style, luxury, and service. Villa Copenhagen is right next to the city’s central train station, making it the perfect base to explore the city. Despite the bustling location, rooms are quiet, peaceful, and outfitted with blackout curtains and comfortable beds for the perfect night’s sleep.